Tuesday, December 23, 2008

I'm Leaving on a Jet Plane...

This trip has enriched my life and presented the opportunity to deepen my knowledge of the Indian, Tibetan, Newari and Nepali cultures while uncovering a deeper understanding of myself. For this, I am humbled, inspired, and grateful.

Studying Hinduism, and the Yogic practice provided a window of understanding some aspects of the diverse cultures present in India. I learned about the overall organizational structure of Indian culture and the observed how they process their experiences. Indian's are both very logical and linear in their thinking; all occurrences have a traceable reason. Paradoxically, because Hindus have a strong relationship with lord Brahma, and all of His manifestations, often, the reason for the occurrence can be traced to the ordained action of God. Hence, all of the rituals and temples dedicated to each god and goddess, or aspect of Brahma. Logical yes, but also very mystical.
In addition, this experience has helped to lay the foundation necessary to integrate Buddhism into my daily practice. I connected ease-fully with the Tibetan culture and found myself naturally in alignment with their way of being.
We have so much.
Thank you for joining me and for your loving thoughts and prayers. I look forward to seeing your beautiful faces.
With Love and many Blessings,
Tashi Delek, (May you have good fortune)
Michelle

No comments: